Follow the below steps to bootstrap any new master profile.
Shared profile creation is detailed here.
Master profile template
In every Jeyzer installation, a master profile template is made available in the
profiles/external/master/template directory : feel free to re-use it.
Alternative is to duplicate any existing master profile for convenience when your master profiles share most of their configuration, variables and dependencies.
Creation steps :
- Copy the master template directory under any profile root directory
- Rename the template directory to the desired profile name
- In the new profile directory, rename all the files by replacing the template prefix with the desired profile name
- Edit the
- Start the Jeyzer Web Analyzer : your profile should be listed in the profile list
- Generate JZR reports using the new profile
- In the
<new profile>_analysis.xml, set the pre filter to determine the best stack coverage.
- Fine tune the analysis profile based on the tuning sheets available in the generated JZR report : set the principal applicative analysis patterns in the
- Activate or add the final applicative sheets in the
analysis/report/report.xmland remove the tuning ones.
- Setup the sets of monitoring rules required by your application in the
- Once ready, set the above
statewith the “production” value.
A good practice is to store your master profile in a SCM repository under a master profile root directory.
If your master profile concerns an open source project, feel free to submit it to the Jeyzer community : it would be a good candidate for the Jeyzer base repository.
Feel free also to drop a message in the community forum.